Your Lake County Library Card is your pass to adventure!
What is the Real Florida Reader Day Pass?
The Florida Department of State’s Division of Library and Information Services has partnered with the Florida Department of Environmental Protection’s Florida State Parks for the Real Florida Reader program.
This program allows Floridians to use their public library card to check out a Real Florida Reader day pass, which provides free admission to state parks for one vehicle (up to eight people) at any Florida State Park (excluding Ellie Schiller Homosassa Springs Wildlife, Skyway Pier, and Weeki Wachee Springs state parks). This program runs through September 12, 2022.
How to check out a Real Florida Reader Day Pass:
- Contact your local library to get a Real Florida Reader Day Pass. Find your library's contact information here: https://mylakelibrary.org/libraries/
- The pass is on loan for one week, one pass per patron.
- The pass is good for one vehicle, up to eight people, at any Florida State Park (excluding Ellie Schiller Homosassa Springs Wildlife, Skyway Pier, and Weeki Wachee Springs state parks).
- This pass is good for day use access only and does not include camping or any other fees. It also does not include entry to federal parks, national forests, or national wildlife refuges.
- For a full list of Florida State Parks, please visit floridastateparks.org/parks-and-trails.
- Be sure to return the pass inside the library, so it doesn’t get lost in the bookdrop.
- The Real Florida Reader program runs through September 12, 2022.